Wankhede Stadium is the home ground of Mumbai Indians in IPL. It is a cricket stadium located in Mumbai, India. The stadium was opened in 1974 and has a seating capacity of 33,108. It is known for its lively atmosphere and has been the host of many important cricket matches over the years.
Today in this we are going to cover four main topics about Wankhede Stadium in 2024. These are the Wankhede pitch report, IPL Records matches & ticket prices for IPL 2024. So, let’s go.
Wankhede Stadium Pitch Report
The wicket at Wankhede features a clay and black soil surface with some grass covering. It tends to be on the slower side. The bounce is generally true and even, allowing for decent carry to batsmen. The ball comes nicely onto the bat for good shot making.
Fast bowlers can get some pace and bounce early on, but there isn’t a great deal of movement typically. The pitch tends to slow down as the match progresses. Spinners tend to get good grip as well later on.
Scores in excess of 180 are common, especially with the shorter boundaries suiting big hitting. Batting first upon winning the toss is usually preferred to make use of the harder ball.
|Team Batting First
|Team Batting Second
Wankhede Stadium IPL Records
The Indian Premier League (IPL) is a popular T20 cricket tournament held in India. Wankhede Stadium has been a regular venue for IPL matches, and several important matches have been held here. Some of the notable IPL records at Wankhede Stadium include:
- Highest Total: The highest total recorded at Wankhede Stadium in the IPL is 235/1 by Royal Challengers Bangalore against Mumbai Indians in 2015.
- Lowest Total: The lowest total recorded at Wankhede Stadium in the IPL is 67/10 by Kolkata Knight Riders against Mumbai Indians.
- Highest Individual Score: The highest individual score recorded at Wankhede stadium is 133 by AB de Villiers of Royal Challengers Bangalore against Mumbai Indians.
- Best Bowling Figures: The best bowling figures recorded at Wankhede Stadium in the IPL is 5/12 by Harbhajan Singh of Mumbai Indians against Chennai Super Kings in 2011.
- Most Runs: Rohit Sharma is the leading run-scorer of this stadium in IPL. He made 1840 runs on this stadium. It is his home ground that’s the reason why he dominating this stadium since 2008.
- Most Wickets: The player with the most wickets taken at Wankhede Stadium in the IPL is Lasith Malinga of Mumbai Indians, who have taken 68 wickets.
Wankhede Stadium Last 5 IPL Matches
Wankhede Stadium IPL match tickets
Here are some key details about getting tickets for IPL matches held at Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai:
Where to Buy Tickets:
- Online on BookMyShow website/app
- At venue ticket counter on match days (limited tickets may be available)
- Authorized ticket resellers near the stadium
- Vary from match to match and depend on stand/area in stadium
- Range from ₹500-800 for General Stand tickets
- More premium seats like AC Lounge can go up to ₹25,000+
Match Day Tickets:
- Limited number of tickets may be released on match days
- Get to the ticket counter early on match morning for best chance
Demand and Availability:
- Tickets sell out extremely fast, especially weekend matches
- High demand as Wankhede has limited capacity of around 33,000
- Booking 1-2 months in advance advised for better chance
Wankhede Stadium Upcoming IPL Matches 2024
Wankhede Stadium is a well-known cricket venue in India and is known for its lively atmosphere and batsman-friendly wicket. The pitch generally offers good pace and carry, allowing for stroke-making to be relatively easy.
However, the pitch can also offer some help to the bowlers, particularly if the conditions are overcast. The stadium has been the host of several important IPL matches, and several important IPL records have been established here.
How to buy IPL 2024 tickets for Wankhede Stadium?
You can easily book IPL tickets from BookMyShow. BookMyShow has been the ticketing partner for the Indian Premier League for several years now.
What is the size of the Wankhede Stadium?
The Wankhede Stadium has a playing area that measures around 65 meters from end to end and around 75 meters from side to side.
Is the water bottle allowed to carry for the IPL match?
No, due to security reasons, you cannot bring a water bottle inside the stadium. Inside the stadium, water bottles are available for purchase.
What is the history of the Wankhede Stadium?
The Wankhede Stadium was built in 1974 and has since hosted numerous international cricket matches, including the 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup Final, which was won by India.