Get ready for the ICC ODI World Cup match in Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad on 5th October, 2023.
The defending champion England is gearing up for the first match of the tournament against New Zealand. The black caps will definitely try to take revenge for the last World Cup final.
In this article, you will get the details of the England & New Zealand team along with Pitch and weather reports. And at the end, we will suggest a Dream11 Team for the Grand leagues-
Table of Contents
ENG vs NZ CWC 2023 Match Details
|Teams||ENG vs NZ|
|Match Time||1:30 PM|
|Stadium||Narendra Modi Stadium|
ENG vs NZ CWC 2023 Match Pitch Report
The pitch of Narendra Modi Stadium is a batting pitch. The pitch favors the batsmen in the 2nd innings. It is easier for the batsmen to chase in the 2nd innings because of the dew condition.
In overcast conditions spinner will play a major role in this pitch. But we aspects a high-scoring match on this pitch.
ENG vs NZ CWC 2023 Match Weather Report
The temperature of Narendra Modi Stadium on the match day will be around 30°C. The weather will be hot and humid in the afternoon.
There is an overcast condition which means there is a 10% chance of rainfall. the humidity will be around 58% which will help the batmen more than the bowlers.
ENG vs NZ Head To Head ICC ODI WORLD CUP
In the ICC ODI World Cup, England and New Zealand played 10 matches and both teams won equally. But the most memorable match was the World Cup 2019 Final, where the match went to Super Over. It was a nail-biting match but England took the trophy in the end.
ENG vs NZ last 5 ODI matches
ENG vs NZ CWC 2023 Player Stats
|Devon Conway||874 runs in 22 matches|
|Jonny Bairstow||3653 runs in 98 matches|
|Daryl Mitchell||1025 runs and 13 wickets in 29 matches|
|Joe Root||6246 runs in 162 matches|
ENG vs NZ Dream11 Prediction Captaincy Picks
- Joe Root is a right-handed batsman representing England. Throughout his ODI career, which spans 162 matches, he has amassed an impressive total of 6,246 runs. In the upcoming match, he will undoubtedly be looking to build on his strong start.
- Devon Conway is a left-handed batsman hailing from New Zealand. In his ODI career, spanning 22 matches, he has already scored an impressive 874 runs. He is undoubtedly aiming to achieve significant success in the future.
ENG vs NZ Dream11 Prediction Vice-Captaincy Picks
- Jonny Bairstow is a right-handed batsman hailing from England. In his ODI career, spanning 98 matches, he has accumulated an impressive total of 3,653 runs. He is undoubtedly looking to make a substantial impact in the upcoming match.
- Daryl Mitchell is a right-handed batsman and a right-arm medium pacer representing New Zealand. In his 29-match ODI career, he has showcased his skills by scoring 1,025 runs and taking 13 wickets. He possesses the potential to make a significant contribution in the upcoming match.
England Playing XI
Dawid Malan, Jonny Bairstow, Joe Root, Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler(c & wk), Moeen Ali, Liam Livingstone, Sam Curran, Reece Topley, Mark Wood, Adil Rashid
New Zealand Playing XI
Finn Allen, Devon Conway, WA Young, DJ Mitchell, Mitchell Santner, Rachin Ravindra, Glenn Phillips, Tom Latham (C), Tim Southee, MJ Henry, Trent Boult
- Kane Williamson is unavailable for the first match for a knee injury. Tom Latham will lead the team against England.
ENG vs NZ Grand League Team
- Keeper – Jonny Bairstow (vc), Tom Latham, Devon Conway (c), Jos Butler
- Batsmen – Joe Root, Dawid Malan,
- All-rounders – Liam Livingstone, Sam Curran, ben Stokes
- Bowlers – Trent Boult, Mark Wood
Teams will be updated before 30Min of the match.
Who will win Today’s ENG vs NZ Match?
England has a 70% chance of winning the match against New Zealand. The English team is looking for a complete team with fast bowlers, batsmen, and all-rounders.
Mark Wood with 150+ beamer will challenge the top order of the New Zealand batting lineup. Jos Buttler, Joe Root, and Ben Stokes will handle the English batting.
New Zealand will play without Kane Williamson which will make it harder for them to win against England.
Who will win Today’s ENG vs NZ Toss?
Crichead’s expert suggests that England is likely to win the toss and opt to bat first. This pitch has a good record of batting first.
ENG vs NZ Fantasy Tips
- 6 players from ENG and 5 players from NZ are the best combinations for today’s world cup 2023 match.
- Give a captain or vice-captain to the All-rounder of any team because the pitch is very suitable for batsmen and bowlers.
Frequently asked questions
Which team will win the ENG vs NZ match?
England has a 70% chance of winning the match against New Zealand
What is the pitch report of the ENG vs NZ match?
The pitch of Narendra Modi Stadium is a batting-friendly pitch.
What is the weather Report for the ENG vs NZ match?
The weather is cloudy on the match day and there is 10% chance of rainfall.
What is the venue of the ENG vs NZ match?
The match between JER vs GSY will be held at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad.
Where can I watch the ENG vs NZ Match?
You could watch the ENG vs NZ match for free on Disney+ Hotstar.